Summer Break Survival Guide: Mamas and Tiny Humans Edition.
THIS BLOG POST IS SPONSORED BY THE PAPER AND PACKAGING – HOW LIFE UNFOLDS® campaign.
Like most adults, for me the anticipation of summer conjures up breathtaking ocean views, sandy beaches, ice cream, weekend cookouts, pool days and sleeping in. And then, like every other mother, all of those summer fantasies come to a screeching halt, when it settles in that your child(ren) will not be at school for 8 hours every weekday and it's on you to keep them happy, occupied, and alive! What in the world am I supposed to do with these tiny humans EVERY. SINGLE. DAY?
Well listen up mamas - when that panic sets in, just remember that the simplest of activities can help to keep your babies happy, occupied, and engaged in learning over the summer months.
At the beginning of summer vacation, we always take a trip out to the Target dollar section and gather up all the paper, glittery stickers, cardboard, and mermaid cut-outs we can find to create our own bucket lists, memory books, summer fashion magazines and more! And of course - don’t forget to stock up on books. Your local library is your best friend!
Now, here comes the part where I insert the mandatory disclaimer and say how much I love my child, that she's the best thing ever, and I swoon over her and stalk her while she sleeps, and she's pretty much my favorite person. So there, I said it. But that doesn't mean I don't feel like a hostage negotiator every night trying to get Bean to eat her dinner, until I end up letting her go to bed if she'll just lick a piece of broccoli. #balanceyall
I know you love your babies too and you also looooove for them to be independently occupied. #wahoo So I put together a little list of fun (and mostly inexpensive) summer activities. Sweet mama friends, don't panic. I hope these suggestions are helpful. If you know of any other options I've left out, please post them in the comments. Sharing is CARING, y'all!! #PoweredbyPaper #HowLifeUnfolds
Love y'all (praying for y'all too. LOL),
Summer Break Activities List
● Rotating Play Dates - Get your best girlfriends together and take turns hosting play dates at your houses. Have a paper-based craft prepared for the littles to work on while all the moms sip sweet tea and discuss the latest hot read from Oprah’s Book Club! Think Leaf Printing or these adorable Splatter Paint Paper Lanterns!
● Library programs - These are usually free and include activities ranging from summer reading programs to paper craft days, story time, STEM activities, guest speakers, puppet shows and more. Bless the library.
● Sneaky Mama Writing Practice - Head to the dollar store for some cheap stationery or a pad of lined writing paper, or get a stack of fun postcards. Have the kiddos write letters to cousins, grandparents, school friends, etc. about their summer adventures. Who doesn’t love to get a handwritten note in the mail?
● At Home Nature Adventure - Take the littles outside and explore your own backyard! Collect rocks, leaves, flowers, berries, bird feathers, etc. Set up a station on the driveway with construction paper or cardboard, scissors, glue, and markers and make a nature book or collage of all the treasures you find.
● Summer Arts and Crafts Festivals - Pack a picnic lunch and head to your local park or town square for a fun-filled afternoon! There are usually engaging paper-based craft activities for families to enjoy. You can also purchase paintings, wind chimes, birdhouses, and all sorts of other things from local artists to take home.!)
THIS BLOG POST IS SPONSORED BY PAPER AND PACKAGING – HOW LIFE UNFOLDS® campaign.